Version History - HttpWatch 12.x
Version 12.2.2 - 08 Jan 2020
- New: The Content tab can now display SVG images on Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) or later.
- New: The Content tab and grid can now display the dimensions of SVG images.
- New: A new Preview button on the Content tab switches between the graphical view of an image and the underlying data, e.g. with SVG this means switching between the SVG image and the underlying XML text.
- New: Added image/svg+xml as a content type in the filter dialog.
- Improved: Image display on the Content tab now scales based on the DPI of the display.
- Fixed: A crash could occur when exporting HAR files
Version 12.1.5 - 04 Dec 2019
- Fixed: The HttpWatch.crx file installed with HttpWatch has been updated. This fixes a 'CRX verification failed' error that occurred when using the latest versions of Chrome and Selenium
Version 12.1.3 - 21 Oct 2019
- New: Multi-value strings are supported in the Filter dialog by using the | (vertical bar) character as a separator. For example, entering 'google.com|fonts/' in the URL field would match against any URL that contained 'google.com' or 'fonts/'
- New: Added experimental support for Microsoft Edge (Chromium) by installing the HttpWatch extension from the Chrome web store. A full implementation will be added when Edge (Chromium) is officially released. See help file for details.
- New: WebP images and animations are now displayed in the Content tab
- Improved: Animated images (e.g. GIFs and WebP) now show the loop count. When the loop count is reached the animation can be restarted in the Content tab by clicking on the image
- Fixed: In recent Chrome versions the introduction of the network service meant that some request and response headers were not displayed in HttpWatch or DevTools. HttpWatch has been updated so that these headers are recorded.
Version 12.0.18 - 16 Sep 2019
- Improved: Added a workaround for the HAR output from Chrome. It could add a 'SameSite' value to the cookie object even though it is not defined in the HAR spec.
- Improved: Added a workaround for the HAR output from Firefox. It sometimes drops the required 'title' value from the page object.
Version 12.0.16 - 22 Aug 2019
- Improved: HAR files containing incorrectly encoded control characters can now be opened in HttpWatch.
- Improved: Content mime types ending in '+json' are now treated as JSON for syntax highlighting, folding and formatting, e.g. application/vnd.appname+json
- Fixed: An 'invalid summary box size' error could occur on High DPI monitors.
- Fixed: The selected text was sometimes not scrolled into view when searching through word wrapped content.
Version 12.0.15 - 13 Aug 2019
- Fixed: The HTTP Load time could sometimes be reported incorrectly on Chrome.
Version 12.0.14 - 02 Aug 2019
- Fixed: Sometimes requests recorded in Chrome were not correctly displayed as being from the cache.
- Fixed: The Content tab did not display content for requests with a 304 response in Chrome.
- Improved: The connection ID is no longer displayed in Chrome for QUIC based requests as they do not use TCP connections.
Version 12.0.11 - 26 Jul 2019
- Fixed: Requests recorded in Chrome were sometimes not correctly displayed in ascending time order.
- Changed: Modified the installer to avoid a false positive detection from a small number of anti-virus products.
Version 12.0.9 - 15 Jul 2019
- Fixed: The Receive timing value was incorrectly reported in the Chrome extension and tended to be higher than the true value.
Version 12.0.8 - 28 Jun 2019
- Fixed: Searching using the Find window selected the matching text but did not scroll it into view. This problem occurred in the text views of the Content and POST Data tabs if word wrap was enabled.
Version 12.0.7 - 25 Jun 2019
- Fixed: An error occurred when opening HWL files from HttpWatch Basic version 11 or earlier.
Version 12.0.6 - 20 Jun 2019
- Fixed: An error could occur when using the 'Export Page as HAR...' context menu item.
Version 12.0.5 - 19 Jun 2019
- Fixed: A 'Failed to reset stream' error could occur in IE.
Version 12.0.3 - 17 Jun 2019
- Fixed: An 'abnormal termination error' could occur when running the installer.
- Fixed: A 'value exceeds max unsigned value' error could occur in the Chrome extension.
Version 12.0 - 17 Jun 2019
- New: Enhanced debugging of JSON based REST API calls through the use of formatted, syntax highlighted request and response body viewers.
- New: POST Data tab displays top level JSON data items
- New: POST Data has a selectable Text view that allows the underlying request body to be viewed, e.g. multi-part form data, JSON request, etc
- New: Password masking is now applied to top-level JSON fields in a POST message. This provides a way to stop sensitive data such as passwords being stored in log files when the data is sent with a simple JSON based POST.
- New: Textual content now supports folding for most common file types, e.g. HTML, CSS, JSON, XML. Sections of text, such as an HTML tag, can be collapsed to make it easier to understand the structure of a file and locate areas of interest.
- New: The original order of POST parameters is preserved and display using an 'Index' column on the POST Data tab.
- Improved: HttpWatch Studio can now load large HAR files up to 5 times faster than previous versions.
- New: The Content automation class has two new properties, Encoding and Text, that simplify access to textual content that includes international characters.
- Changed: The Content.Data property has changed from a string to a byte array making it easier to access non-textual resources such as images.
- New: The Request automation class has two new properties, Data and Text, that provide access to the request body.